Monday, March 19, 2012

The Rocking Chair

THE ROCKING CHAIR


When our oldest son was born, he was very sick. We were in the hospital for several weeks not knowing if he would live. Finally, we came home with our precious cargo. As I sat on the couch in our living room rocking back and forth, my mother walked in. She took one look at me and said she would be right back. About 45 minutes went by and she drove up with a beautiful wooden rocking chair sticking out of the trunk. The hours I spent rocking my children and feeling the love that was expressed by this gift is priceless. I rocked and read to my children from this chair but in the morning when my children saw me sit down with my black Bible they would quietly play around my feet not interrupting me. I would pray and commune with God but when I finished they would be waiting patiently to get in my lap. I feel they felt a peace over me that passes all understanding. The rocking chair has long worn out but the memories, lessons, and love will live forever.

Take time to let your children see you commune with God regularly. It will impact their lives forever.

Actions speak louder than words. Gifts of love last a lifetime.

Please follow me on twitter @Brenda_Haley and on facebook at Chariot Works


No comments:

Post a Comment