Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SINCERE PRAYER

A child’s words are so pure, so loving, and so honest. Do we teach our children to pray or has God given us our children to teach us? Their prayers are so sincere. They pray for God to heal a cut or to receive a cone of ice cream. Their prayers are simple but full of warmth and meaning. We could learn a lot about how to pray from our children.

We teach our children the following prayer. What a simple prayer but the words are powerful.

A Child’s Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Amen
Author Unknown

May we stop and pray the following prayer:

Lord may I stop and listen for You.
May I pray words full of life and meaning.
May I love my neighbor as myself.
May I learn to forgive as You have forgiven me.
May I take my Heavenly Father everywhere I go.
May I remember You gave Your only Son for my sins.
May I remember that You love me and want me to succeed.
May I look to you for guidance.
May I get up every morning seeking Your face and asking You to hold my hand and walk with me.
Amen

Please follow me on twitter @Brenda_Haley and on facebook at Chariot Works


No comments:

Post a Comment